Violence Prevention Initiatives
Our Violence Prevention Unit at Public Health works to analyze and address the issue of community violence.
Our public health approach to violence prevention means we:
- Work with community partners to gather and analyze violence data
- Use the strengths and expertise of community members and partners to create change
We support the reduction of harm caused by firearms in our community. Read our gun safety position statement which supports strategies to reduce the ease of access to firearms by people who seek to do harm, increase gun safety, support safe storage, and decrease the harm and destructiveness of firearms.
On this page:
- Madison Dane County Violence Prevention Coalition
- Community Safety Intervention Team
- Isthmus Safety Initiative
- Community Violence Intervention Program
- Other Community Violence Prevention Initiatives
This Coalition is a collaboration of community and government partners. We work to put the goals of the Roadmap to Reducing Violence into place. Work groups prioritize and address Roadmap strategies, and coordinate violence prevention efforts.
You’re invited to attend Coalition meetings! The Coalition meets quarterly. See our most recent coalition report.
Year end gathering & 2024 imagining
December 7, 2023
9:00am - 3:00pm
Alliant Energy Center