Dane County Alliance Against Commercial Tobacco
The Dane County Alliance Against Commercial Tobacco is made up of people and organizations from Dane County. We work to achieve the following mission and vision:
A county free from tobacco related death and disease.
Reduce tobacco related disease and death by preventing the initiation of tobacco use among youth, promoting quitting among young people and adults, eliminating exposure to secondhand smoke, and identifying and eliminating tobacco related health disparities.
The Alliance is funded by the Wisconsin Tobacco Prevention and Control Program.
What We Do
Youth & Young Adult Prevention
Making sure the next generation is tobacco-free.
- We work with schools to add or enhance their tobacco free policies. We make sure retailers aren't selling tobacco products to minors.
- We promote FACT, Wisconsin's youth-led tobacco prevention and control program. Contact us if you want to join FACT or start a FACT group at your school!
- We work with colleges to help create and support tobacco-free campuses.
Quit Tobacco Resources
Promoting quit tobacco resources in our community.
- We promote the Wisconsin Tobacco Quit Line and other local quit tobacco resources.
Promoting policies that reduce the use of and exposure to tobacco products.
- We promote and support smoke-free and vape-free environments including:
- Beaches and Parks
- College Campuses
- Housing. We educate property owners and managers about the benefits of smoke free policies for their rental units. Learn more, or contact us!
- We assess where and how tobacco products are sold.
- We promote ways to reduce disparities in tobacco related outcomes.
Community Outreach and Engagement
Educating and advocating alongside our coalition volunteers.
- We develop community partnerships to change social norms on tobacco use.
- We educate local/state policymakers about commercial tobacco policy.
- We educate the community about tobacco related topics through events and presentations.
Join our Coalition
Want to participate on our advisory board or educate policy makers and the community? Contact us!
For store owners and managers
- State statute requires that retail clerks complete a state-approved tobacco and nicotine training. One approved method is the Department of Health Services' Tobacco Check training, which is free and available online. Store owners or managers will have to log in and activate their store in order for clerks to complete the training. Here is A STEP-BY-STEP guide to activate your store.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (608) 266-4821
- Fax: (608) 266-4858
- Español: (608) 243-0380