Lactation, Breastfeeding & Chestfeeding
Breastfeeding, chestfeeding, and feeding human milk provides significant benefits for children and parents.
Some families feed their baby at the breast/chest. Others exclusively pump their milk, use donor milk, or supplement with formula. There are many ways to feed a baby.
We support your choice on how to feed your baby. We know there are many factors that can make it hard to achieve your feeding goals. You can get personalized support to help you reach your goals. Our WIC and Perinatal programs, and our Lactation Support Line provide this support.
Lactation Support Line
Call (608) 243-0449 and talk to one of our counselors for free about feeding your child.
Help Getting a Breast Pump
Are you on WIC? If you don’t have BadgerCare or Medical Assistance, you may be able to get a pump from us. Call (608) 267-1111.
Do you have BadgerCare, Medical Assistance, or other insurance? You can get a breast pump from your health care provider.
Local Resources, Classes, and Places to Pump
Get information about:
- Local breastfeeding, chestfeeding, & lactation resources
- Pumping-friendly locations
Breastfeeding/Chestfeeding & Parenting Laws
Get information on federal and state laws that protect pregnant and nursing parents.
- Learning how to breastfeed (WIC USDA)
- Common breastfeeding challenges (Women's Health)
- Common questions about breastfeeding and pain (Women's Health)
- Frequently Asked Questions about breastfeeding (CDC)
For Businesses and Community Agencies
We sometimes use female gendered terms and pronouns. We do this when information is linked to programs like the Women, Infants and Children (WIC) federal program. We are subject to their terms, informational materials and guidelines. We recognize that this population also includes people who do not identify as women.
- People who do not identify as women
- Some gender non-conforming people
- People who are transgender.
We hope that everyone feels welcome in using our services.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (608) 243-0449
- Español: (608) 243-0380