Zoning and Taxes
Zoning: Find out if you need to meet zoning conditions.
- For the City of Madison: Call City of Madison Zoning at (608) 266-4551. If required, get a Conditional Use approval from the City of Madison.
- For Dane County (outside the City of Madison): Contact your municipal or township clerk. Townships and municipalities have varying policies.
Sellers Permit: Get a Wisconsin Seller’s Permit.
Room Tax: Register with your local clerk if your municipality collects room taxes.
- For the City of Madison: Fill out the Room Tax Registration form. Learn when Room Tax Exemptions apply to guests.
- For Dane County (outside the City of Madison): Contact your municipal or township clerk to:
- Find out if your municipality collects room tax
- Get a Room Tax Certificate if required