For Work, School & Travel
- We are providing other immunizations for children and for some adults.
- If your child needs vaccines and has BadgerCare or Medical Assistance, please call your child’s health care provider to get the immunizations.
- If your child does not have insurance, please call us at (608) 266-4821 to schedule an appointment.
- We are only able to give immunizations to adults who do not have insurance or whose insurance doesn’t cover immunizations.
- Our appointments can fill up fast. If you have a regular healthcare provider, please try them first.
If You Need Immunizations for Work
Do you need vaccines for your job? Check with your doctor or look in the Wisconsin Immunization Registry to see what you've already had.
Some adult vaccines are free at our clinics if you do not have insurance that covers vaccines. See if you qualify for our Adult Immunization Clinics.
Child Care Providers
It is recommended that all child care workers get these immunizations to protect themselves and the children in their care.
Health Care Workers and Long Term Care Providers
Some immunizations are required, and others are recommended to protect you and your patients.
Immunizations Needed for Daycare and School
To protect children in group settings where diseases are easily spread, Wisconsin requires some immunizations for school and daycare.
The Wisconsin Student Immunization Law says that all students through grade 12 are required to have certain immunizations based on their grade and age.
Some children can get free immunizations at our Child Immunization Clinics.
Immunizations Needed for Travel
Going somewhere? Prepare BEFORE you go, as far in advance as possible—see what immunizations and medications you might need at CDC Destinations.
Check with your doctor or look in the Wisconsin Immunization Registry to see what you've already had.
How to Get Travel Immunizations if Not Covered by Your Insurance
We do not provide most of the immunizations usually recommended for travel. View a list of Adult Immunizations we do provide.
If you have health insurance that covers travel immunizations, call your clinic and ask where to go for a travel clinic appointment.
Where to Get Immunizations
There are several agencies in and around Dane County that provide travel immunizations, prescriptions and recommendations to keep you healthy while you travel:
Some pharmacies also offer travel immunizations:
- 311 E. Campus Mall. Madison, WI 53715, (608) 251-0042
- 3700 University Ave., Madison, WI 53705, (608) 238-7109
- 2931 S. Fish Hatchery Rd., Madison, WI 53711, (608) 277-0087
- Hometown Pharmacy Oregon (608) 835-3191 (Prices available online.)
For students, check your student health services: