Need local health data?
Check the information on our Local Health Data Sources page. If you can't find what you're looking for, you can request data from us. We can provide county-level information and assistance on a variety of health topics including communicable disease, violence and injury prevention, environmental health, community health, reproductive health, and maternal and child health data.
We can also provide technical assistance in identifying data sources to answer your question, such as health assessments, surveys, and other publications.
Have a question that isn't related to data? Email us at email@example.com.
How to Make a Data Request
As you fill out the request form:
- Please fill out as much information as possible—the more detail we have up front, the better we’ll be able to respond to your request.
- You will receive confirmation that your request has been received within three business days.
- The request will be reviewed by our Epidemiology & Data Science team. If needed, we’ll reach out for clarification.
- Please allow up to four weeks to process data requests. Large and/or complex data requests may take longer to fulfill.
If you have questions, contact us.
- Contact info* (name, email, and phone)
- Date needed* When do you need this by? Please allow up to four weeks to process data requests. Large and/or complex data requests may take longer to fulfill.
- Purpose of the request:* Provide a brief overview of your request. Context helps us understand your request, and we may know of other relevant data to help. Examples: program planning, evaluation, grant, research paper
- What question(s) are you trying to answer with the data?*
- Who is your audience? Examples: co-workers, funders, family members, classmates, self
- Is this request related to a past request, and/or do you have a table or chart you want updated? Whom did you work with in the past? It helps us to see past correspondence and copies of the tables or charts you want us to update. This will help us connect you directly with the person and minimize processing time. Send related files or links to related files to us.
- Specific data needed or desired. Examples: Counts of death and counts of injury related to motor vehicle crashes
- What time period(s) of data do you need? Examples: specific years, by month, by quarter. Note that the most recent year(s) of data may not be available, depending on the data source.
- What geography of data do you need?: Examples: State, all of Dane County, by city/municipality within Dane County (such as city of Madison)
- What is the population for whom data are being requested? Should the data be limited to certain age groups, races, ethnicities, or sex/genders? Note that we may be unable to release data for all demographics due to confidentiality and reliability of small numbers.
- How are you planning to share the requested data? Examples: Publication, report, grant application, website.
- What is your preferred format to receive the data?: Examples: Excel table, chart/graph, map, narrative
- Is there anything else we should know?