Report an Indoor Air Quality Problem
Contact an agency below based on the type of building.
Public (Government) Building
Phone: (608) 266-2112
Toll-free number: (877) 617-1565
Private Non-Residential (Business) Building
Contact the Indoor Air Quality Program at the State Division of Public Health.
Phone: (608) 266-1120
Call our staff or fill out our online form.
Phone: (608) 242-6515
When you report, be prepared to talk about the following:
- Symptoms, like
- eye irritation
- burning or stinging eyes
- breathing problems
- nasal congestion or runny nose
- In which room or rooms do these symptoms usually occur?
- Do you feel better after leaving the area?
- At what time of day do these symptoms usually occur?
- Are there any new events or changes in the environment that began within a month of the start of your symptoms, like
- new carpeting
- new construction
- the addition of gas heating, cooking or clothes dryer
To see a list of indoor air consultants that work in Dane County, see Indoor Air Quality Consultants List, WI Department of Health Services.