Tattoo & Body Piercing
We license and inspect all tattoo (includes permanent make-up) and body piercing facilities to assure that health and safety standards are met to prevent infection and disease.
All tattoo and body piercing activities must occur in a licensed establishment and all tattooists and body piercers must hold a practitioner’s license.
We are happy to consult with you prior to signing a lease or applying for a license to ensure your establishment meets all health requirements.
All tattoo and body piercing establishment license fees in Madison and Dane County are handled by the City of Madison Clerk's Office.
- Complete the Tattoo/Piercing Establishment License Application
- Pay Licensing Fee
- Submit application and fee to the City Clerk's Office listed on the application.
- Tattoo and body piercing licenses are issued after the application and fees have been processed and an inspector conducts a pre-inspection of the establishment and approves the license.
- For questions and/or a pre-inspection, please contact us at (608) 242-6515 or email email@example.com.
All tattooists and body piercers must hold a Practitioner’s License, which can be obtained through the WI Department of Safety and Professional Services (DSPS). Contact DSPS at (608) 266-2112 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- Tattooing/Body Piercer Application
- Tattooist/Body Piercer Renewal Form
- Fax Payment Form
- More information about Practitioners Licenses
- Phone: (608) 242-6515
- Email: email@example.com
- Español: (608) 243-0380