Free COVID-19 Testing to Continue at Alliant Energy Center for at Least Three More Months
Wednesday, December 23, 2020 - 4:16pm
Public Health Madison & Dane County is pleased to announce that the free COVID-19 community test site at the Alliant Energy Center (AEC) in Madison will continue until at least March 31, 2021.
The test site is a partnership between Public Health, Dane County, and the State of Wisconsin. To date, over 330,000 tests have been administered at the AEC since it opened back in May, making it one of the most robust and accessible community testing sites in the state.
“Robust testing remains one of the best means of early identification of Covid-19 and helps limit its spread,” Dane County Executive Joe Parisi said. “With vaccine production increasing there are reasons for hope as the New Year dawns, but we know there’s still plenty of work in front of us to help keep one another healthy and safe. Partnering with the state to keep this testing site going is an important component of our ongoing efforts to reduce the impacts of Covid-19 on families in our communities, our hospitals, and all those who care for others,” Parisi added.
Public Health Madison & Dane County provides staffing for the testing site with support from a number of other county agencies including the Alliant Energy Center and Sheriff’s Office. Funding for test kits is provided by the State of Wisconsin while local dollars and federal CARES funds help cover costs associated with operations.
“We are very lucky to have this incredible resource at our doorstep and are thankful that Public Health is able to continue this critical element of the COVID-19 response,” said City of Madison Mayor Satya Rhodes-Conway.
The Alliant Energy Center testing site is generally open:
- Tuesdays and Thursdays from 12:00pm to 8:00pm
- Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays from 8:00am to 4:00pm
Modified holiday hours include:
- Thursday, December 24: Open 8:00am - 4:00pm
- Friday, December 25: Closed
- Thursday, December 31: Open 8:00am - 4:00pm
- Friday, January 1: Closed
Testing site details:
- Testing is done in the New Holland Pavilion at the Alliant Energy Center in Madison.
- The site is open until at least March 31, 2021.
- The test is free and available to those 5 years and older who may arrive by car, bike, or on foot. No appointment is necessary. Translation is available in Spanish and Hmong.
- No identification is needed and immigration status is not asked.
- Pre-registration is available in English, Spanish and Hmong, and is encouraged in order to get through the site as quickly as possible.
- Free transportation is available for those that need it by calling the Public Health Transportation Line at (608) 243-0420.
- The test is not an antibody test and does not indicate if someone has had COVID-19 in the past.
- Test results are provided via email or phone call within 3-7 business days.
- Media Inquiries, firstname.lastname@example.org