Low Cost Dental Options
It can be hard to find a dentist when you don't have private insurance. Try the clinics below for preventative and urgent oral health care.
- Phone: (608) 665-2752 for Dental Care Coordination
- 630 E. Washington Ave., Madison, WI 53703
- Accepting: Children and adults living in South Central Wisconsin (eligibility based on income level).
- Services: Preventive and restorative AND emergency dental services.
- Payment: BadgerCare and Medicaid insurance accepted and sliding fee pay schedule for eligible uninsured people.
- Note: Call the number provided to find out if you are eligible to schedule an appointment.
Access Community Health Centers Dental Services
- Accepting: Children and adults.
- Services: Cleanings, oral hygiene instruction, dental exams, restorative care, dentures, root canals, extractions, sealants, fillings, x-rays.
- Payment: Sliding fee scale discounts offered to uninsured people; private insurance; Medicaid, BadgerCare.
- Note: If you have ever gone to a dental appointment at Access Community Health Centers in the past, you are still a patient and can schedule a new appointment.
Joyce & Marshall Erdman Clinic-Dental Services
Phone: (608) 443-5482
Location: 2202 S. Park St., Madison, WI 53713
William T. Evjue Clinic-Dental Services
Phone: (608) 443-5482
Location: 3434 E. Washington Ave., Madison, WI 53704
Sun Prairie Clinic-Dental Services
Phone: (608) 825-7100
Location: 1270 W. Main St., Sun Prairie, WI 53590
Dodgeville Dental Clinic (accepting new patients from Sauk, Iowa, Grant, Richland and western Dane county)
Phone: (608) 935-5550
Location: 201 S. Iowa St., Dodgeville, WI 53533
- Phone: English: (608) 622-4002; Español: (608) 622-0034
- Location: 2110 Fordem Avenue, Madison WI 53704
- Accepting: Children and adults who are uninsured or underinsured and cannot afford full-cost dental care.
- Services: Complete preventive and restorative dental services provided.
- Payment: Cash or credit card. Cost is approximately half of traditional fees and due at the time of service.
- Phone: (608) 252-6540; (800) 486-6276
- Location: 600 Williamson Street, Suite H, Madison, WI 53703
- Accepting: Serves HIV positive patients only.
- Services: Cleanings, oral hygiene instruction, dental exams, x-rays, fillings, crowns, bridges, extractions, dentures, emergency dental care.
- Payment: BadgerCare, Medicaid; private insurance; self-pay.
- Phone: (608) 258-2400
- Location: 1705 Hoffman St., Room 151, Madison, WI 53704
- Accepting: All students of Madison College and the general public--adults and children age 3 and older.
- Services: Preventive dental care, cleanings, x-rays, fluoride treatments, sealants, and oral hygiene education.
- Payment: Services provided for a small fee for uninsured or private insured; Medicaid and BadgerCare insurance are accepted.
- Note: Services provided by dental hygiene students.
- Phone: (608) 352-4437
- Location: 6668 Odana Rd., Market Square Shopping Center, Madison, WI 53719
- Accepting: All patients in need of their services.
- Services: Dentures, partial dentures, denture repair, tooth extractions, sedation dentistry, x-rays, new denture wearer packages.
- Payment: Self pay-cash, check or credit card; if you have insurance, you must file the claim yourself.
- Note: New patient consult and x-ray is free; Special offers and everyday low fees listed on their website.
- (608) 244-8050
- 3003 E. Washington Ave., Madison, WI 53704
- West clinic
- (608) 720-1112
- 706 S. Gammon Rd., Madison, WI 53719
- Accepting: Children and adults
- Services: Preventive and restorative
- Payment: BadgerCare and Medicaid insurance; private dental insurance; self-pay for uninsured patients.
- Note: Discounts and specials available for uninsured patients.
School-Based Dental Care for Children
Celebrate Smiles (Mobile Dental Program in Dane County Elementary Schools)
- Phone: (608) 852-2781 (Access Community Health Center Program)
- Accepting: All students of the participating schools in Madison Metropolitan School District and Sun Prairie in grades 4K-5, and some middle schools.
- Services: Provides oral health screenings and exams, dental cleanings, dental sealants, fluoride varnish, and other treatment as needed.
- Payment: No cost for screening and dental treatment if your child has no dental insurance. Celebrate Smiles also accepts Medicaid and BadgerCare and private dental insurance.
- Note: Participating schools and schedules are listed on their website.
Bridging Brighter Smiles-Serving most of Dane County's School Districts
- Phone: (262) 896-9891
- Contact your child's school to find out if they participate in this program.
- Services: School-based mobile dental program that screens children in all grades and provides dental sealants, fluoride varnish, cleanings, interactive education and referrals to a dentist as needed.
- Payment: Accepts Medicaid/BadgerCare. For children with private insurance or no dental insurance, fees apply.
Seals on Wheels-Serving Marshall School District and neighboring counties
- Phone: (608) 988-6472
- Services: Free school-based mobile dental program for children PK-12 grade and provides dental sealants, fluoride varnish, cleanings, interactive education and referrals to dentists as needed.
Non-Traditional Dental Program
- Phone: (866) 812-9840
- Contact: Carrie Golabowski, email@example.com
- Accepting: Wisconsin residents with limited income due to a permanent disability, chronic illness, or advanced age (65+).
- Eligibility: Based on a completed application and phone interview by the DDS coordinator. When a patient is accepted into the program, they are put on a waiting list until a volunteer participating dentist is available.
Private Dental Clinics
Some private dental clinics have new patient offers which include an exam, x-rays and cleaning at a greatly reduced fee. (You can search the internet for "new patient dental offers" to get a list of offices in the area with these specials.)
If you are looking for resources outside of Dane County, see this listing of Statewide Community Dental Clinics.
- United Way 211
- United Way 211
Sitio web: https://www.unitedwaydanecounty.org/get-help/2-1-1/