Stay cool in the summer heat!
Posted Friday, Jun. 15, 2018 at 11:00 am
This weekend will be hot, which means that we are coordinating with our emergency management partners to make sure people and pets able to stay healthy in the heat.
Take care of yourself and your loved ones, with these tips.
- Stay in air-conditioned buildings. If you need a cool place to stay, public places such as local senior centers, libraries, and malls are good options.
- Limit outdoor activity, especially midday when it is the hottest part of the day, and avoid direct sunlight.
- Drink more than usual and don’t wait until you’re thirsty to drink.
- Drink from two to four cups of water every hour while working or exercising outside.
- Check the local news for extreme heat warnings and adjust your plans accordingly.
- Regularly check on friends, loved-ones, and neighbors either face-to-face or via telephone.