Person on phoneContact an agency below based on the type of building.

Public (Government) Building

If you have a concern about a public (government) building, contact the Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services.

Phone: (608) 266-2112
Toll-free number: (877) 617-1565

Private Non-Residential (Business) Building

If you have a concern about a private non-residential building, call the Indoor Air Quality Program at the State Division of Public Health.

Phone: (608) 266-1120

Residential Building

If you have a concern about a residential building, call our staff or fill out our online form.

Phone: (608) 242-6515​

When you report, be prepared to talk about the following:

  • Symptoms, e.g., nausea, eye irritation, burning or stinging eyes, breathing problems, nasal congestion or runny nose, dizziness, headache, and others.
  • In which room or rooms do these symptoms usually occur?
  • Do you feel better after leaving the area?
  • At what time of day do these symptoms usually occur?
  • Are there any new events or changes in the environment that began within a month of the start of your symptoms, e.g., new carpeting, new construction, the addition of gas heating, cooking or clothes dryer?

More Information

To see a list of indoor air consultants that work in Dane County, see Indoor Air Quality Consultants List, WI Department of Health Services.