One of our key functions is to provide data to help inform the community and our partners about health threats, diseases and other conditions that may impact health in Dane County.
This page contains policy statements, advisories, newsletters, and reports that were produced by Public Health Madison & Dane County. If you are looking for information on a topic that isn't listed, or historical data, please contact us.
Looking for COVID-19 data? See our COVID-19 data page.
Learn about our Organization and How We Work
Read our Position and Policy Statements
- Immunization Policy Position Statement, January 2020
- School and Childcare Center Recommendations to Minimize Lead in Drinking Water Policy Statement, 2017
- Fluoridation of Public Drinking Water Policy Statement, Updated August 2020
- Consumption Recommendations for Raw Milk to Minimize Dairy Associated Foodborne Illness, Updated May 2019
Advisories & Alerts
We issue advisories and alerts to bring attention to emerging problems in a clear and timely way. We will list current advisories and alerts below when we have them. See our COVID-19 page for information regarding the pandemic. Sign up to receive health care advisories and overdose alerts.
Sign up for our newsletters, which will give you a sneak peek into the different types of work being done in specific programs and throughout the whole organization.
Read Reports about the Health of our Environment
Check HealthyDane.org for the status of
- Our air quality
- Our water quality
- Homes with positive radon test results
- Water quality in Dane County
- Our climate and your health.
- Potential health effects of noise.
- Potential health effects of PCE vapor intrusion.
- Potential health effects of road salt use.
- Our efforts to monitor for and control mosquitoes and our efforts to monitor for West Nile Virus.
Read Reports about the Health of our Community
- Our strategic plan to address inequities in maternal and child health outcomes.
- Data on Dane County maternal and child health.
- Data on Dane County Low Birth Weight & Infant Mortality
- Preterm Birth & Infant Death in Dane County
- How we’re taking action to Reduce Infant and Fetal Mortality in Dane County
- Our latest report on Tobacco and Nicotine Compliance Checks in Madison
- Our latest report on Tobacco and Nicotine Compliance Checks in Dane County
Read our Scientific Publications and Literature
Our staff occasionally author scientific publications related to our work.
- Shedding of Infectious SARS-CoV-2 Despite Vaccination when the Delta Variant is Prevalent - Wisconsin, July 2021 | medRxiv
- Severe Maternal Morbidity During Delivery Hospitalizations (nih.gov)
- Self-harm injury hospitalisations: an analysis of case selection criteria | Injury Prevention (bmj.com)
- Pre-arrest diversion to addiction treatment by law enforcement: protocol for the community-level policing initiative to reduce addiction-related harm, including crime | Health & Justice | Full Text (biomedcentral.com)
- Black Maternal Health Research Re-Envisioned: Best Practices for the Conduct of Research with, for, and by Black Mamas The Politics of Pregnancy 14 Harvard Law & Policy Review 2019-2020 (heinonline.org)
- Wisconsin maternal mortality review: Pregnancy-associated overdose deaths (2016-2019). July 2021