There are Many Options for COVID-19 Testing in Dane County and Surrounding Areas
Testing is recommended if you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or have had close contact with someone who has tested positive. If you are vaccinated and don't have symptoms, you do not need to be tested.
These testing partners are working closely with us to serve Dane County and surrounding areas. They are using the same speedy lab and testing software that you were used to at Alliant Energy Center:
- Hometown Pharmacy (1 W. Main Street): Monday – Friday, 10:00am to 5:00pm.
- Hometown Pharmacy (645 S. Main Street): Monday – Friday, 10:00am to 5:00pm. Call for an appointment at (608) 846-4736 and pre-register.
Madison (North Side)
- JangoDx at Warner Park (1511 Northport Drive): Monday – Saturday, 10:00 am to 3:00 pm
- Medicine Shoppe (4205 Monona Drive): Monday – Friday, 9:00 am to 6:00 pm and Saturday, 9:00am to 1:00pm
- Monroe West
- Hometown Pharmacy (131 W. 7th Street Unit B): Monday – Friday, 10:00 am to 5:00 pm. Call for an appointment at (608) 426-6540 and pre-register.
- Hometown Pharmacy (851 N. Main Street): Monday – Friday, 10:00 am to 5:00 pm. Call for an appointment at (608) 835-3191 and pre-register.
- Wilz Drug Inc. (140 East Cook Street): Monday – Friday, 10:00 am to 5:00 pm. Call for an appointment at (608) 835-3191 and pre-register.
- Hometown Pharmacy (317 US-51): Monday – Friday, 10:00 am to 5:00 pm. Call for an appointment at (608) 635-9456 and pre-register.
- JangoDx at Tru by Hilton back lot (2500 Jackson Street): Monday – Saturday, 10:00 am to 3:00 pm
- Sun Prairie
- Hometown Pharmacy (13 N. Bird Street): Monday – Friday, 10:00am to 5:00pm. Call for an appointment at (608) 825-7530 and pre-register.
- Hometown Pharmacy (202 S. Main Street): Monday – Friday, 10:00am to 5:00pm. Call for an appointment at (608) 848-8020 and pre-register.
- Hometown Pharmacy (223 S. Century Ave): Monday – Friday, 12:00pm to 6:00pm. Call for an appointment at (608) 850-9314 and pre-register.
Additional Testing Options
- Via Your Mailbox. The Wisconsin Department of Health Services offers a service for requesting a test kit delivered to your mailbox. Find details on their website.
- Your Healthcare Provider. If you have health insurance, we recommend contacting your healthcare provider to see if they are able to test you.
- UW-Madison Students and Staff. UW-Madison has testing available on campus for students and staff members.
- Public Health Test Site. See below for more information about our South Madison test site.
2230 S. Park St.
Madison, WI 53713
- Tuesday, 8am-4pm
- Thursday, 12pm-8pm
- Saturday, 8am-4pm
- This test site is closed on Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
- By appointment only. If you need help booking an appointment, please call (608) 242-6328.
- For anyone 12 months old and older. Anyone under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- No ID is needed and you won't be asked for your immigration status.
- Spanish interpreters are available onsite.
- This test involves swabbing a sample from about one inch inside your nose. It will only tell us if you have COVID-19 right now. It does not tell us if you had COVID-19 in the past.
Testing and Travel
If you plan to travel internationally, check out our fact sheet for international travel documentation.
There are three steps to getting your test:
Step 1. Make a testing appointment at 2230 S. Park Street
Step 2. Register online
Registration should happen no more than 72 hours before your appointment – this has to happen close to your appointment time so that we have current information about signs and symptoms you may be experiencing.
Step 3. Arrive at our testing location in time for your test appointment.
Getting Your Results
Limit contact with others while you wait. Until you have your test results, limit contact with others. This is very important, especially if you have been exposed to someone diagnosed with COVID-19, or if you have symptoms like fever, cough, and sore throat.
Expect a Call or Email with Your Results. People tested at our test sites with a PCR test usually hear back in 12-48 hours, but test results can take longer. We cannot expedite test results.
- For negative and positive results: you will be emailed a secure link. You will be prompted to enter your name and date of birth to verify your identity, and then can view and print your results. If you didn’t provide an email address, you will be called with your results. Your results will include your full name, date of birth, result, result date, and test ID number if you need proof of your test. If you do not view your test results within three days, you will receive a call.
- Expect an email with the option to set up a MyChart account. Everyone will receive an email allowing them to set up a My Chart account to view results. This is optional.
- If you have a question or haven't received results: If it has been at least 5 days since you got tested at and you haven't received your results, call the Wisconsin COVID-19 Results Line at (866) 419-6988.
- Consider making an appointment to get vaccinated. When you're vaccinated, you don't need to be tested unless you have symptoms--even if you know you had close contact with a person who has tested positive.