Navigating Alliant Energy Center
If you’re getting vaccinated or tested at Alliant Energy Center, read on for information on how to get there and where to go when you arrive.
- Walk-up, bike-up, and drive-up options exist for both testing and vaccination. See details below for where to go for each option.
- B-Cycle: If you like using B-Cycle, there is a B-Cycle station at the Sheraton Hotel, just across the street from Alliant Energy Center. You can check current inventory on the B-Cycle website (the Sheraton location is Hub #5).
- Bus: If you’re arriving via bus, you can use the Madison Metro’s Plan my Ride to locate the best route. Routes 11, 12, and 13 all run in front of Alliant Energy Center.
- Free rides available:
- For testing: For a free ride to the site, call the Public Health Transportation Line at (608) 243-0420. A transportation company will then call you to schedule the ride. You must wear a face covering when using this service. This is not an on-demand service; you will schedule an appointment with the company for a later date.
- For vaccination: Details are provided in your vaccination appointment confirmation email. There is a number you can call to arrange a free ride for your appointment.
Get full testing details on our testing page. See a map of Alliant Energy Center to familiarize yourself with the layout. The test site is open Tuesdays and Thursdays from 12pm-8pm and Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday from 8am-4pm.
- If you’re driving: Enter off Rimrock Road, keep left, and follow the signs for testing.
- If you’re busing, walking, or biking: The easiest place to enter is via Rimrock Road, but you can enter anywhere. Head to the southwest corner of New Holland Pavillion. There is no parking available at Alliant Energy Center; cars that park onsite will be towed.
- Vaccination is by appointment only. Sign up on the Wisconsin COVID-19 Vaccination Registry to be added to our list.
- If you’re driving: Enter off Rimrock Road, keep right, and follow the signs for vaccination.
- If you’re busing, walking, or biking: The easiest place to enter is via Rimrock Road, but you can enter anywhere. Head to the southeast corner of New Holland Pavilion 1 (directly across from Expo Hall) right by the big bunch of flagpoles. There is no parking available at Alliant Energy Center; cars that park onsite will be towed.
Helpful Tips for Vaccination
- Most folks are in and out within about an hour, including the 15 minute post-vaccination waiting period. It's smart to allow about 90 minutes for your appointment.
- Make sure you have your appointment confirmation email handy, either on your phone or printed out. Your appointment confirmation will also detail the other things you need in order to get vaccinated.
- Wear a top that allows easy access to your arm.
- As long as you're quick, our vaccinators are supportive of you taking a selfie! Tag @publichealthmdc if you post on social media!