Where Can I Get Tested for COVID-19?
June 26, 2021 was the final day for COVID-19 testing at Alliant Energy Center, which ended with 427,751 total tests over about 13 months! While Alliant has closed, there are still tons of options for getting a quick COVID-19 test in Dane County.
Testing Options from Community Partners
These testing partners are working closely with us to serve Dane County and surrounding areas. They are using the same speedy lab and testing software that you were used to at Alliant Energy Center:
- Starting July 12: Hometown Pharmacy (1 W. Main Street): Monday – Saturday, 10:00am to 5:00pm
- Starting July 5: Hometown Pharmacy (645 S. Main Street): Monday – Saturday, 10:00am to 5:00pm
- Hometown Pharmacy (851 N. Main Street): Monday – Saturday, 10:00am to 5:00pm
Madison (North Side)
- JangoDx at Warner Park (1511 Northport Drive): Monday – Saturday, 10:00 am to 3:00 pm
- JangoDx at Tru by Hilton back lot (2500 Jackson Street): Monday – Saturday, 10:00 am to 3:00 pm
- Sun Prairie
- Hometown Pharmacy (13 N. Bird Street): Monday – Saturday, 10:00am to 5:00pm
- Hometown Pharmacy (202 S. Main Street): Monday – Saturday, 10:00am to 5:00pm
- Starting July 5: Hometown Pharmacy (223 S. Century Ave): Monday – Saturday, 10:00am to 5:00pm
- More options coming soon! Check our testing page for the latest information.
Additional Testing Options
- Via Your Mailbox. The Wisconsin Department of Health Services offers a service for requesting a test kit delivered to your mailbox. Find details on their website.
- Your Healthcare Provider. If you have health insurance, we recommend contacting your healthcare provider to see if they are able to test you.
- UW-Madison Students and Staff. UW-Madison has testing available on campus for students and staff members.
Testing Options from Public Health Madison & Dane County
Beginning June 28, we are offering testing services by appointment at our South Park Street location, Village on Park, at 2230 S. Park Street in Madison.
- Tuesday, 8am-4pm
- Thursday, 12pm-8pm
- Saturday, 8am-4pm
- This test site is closed on Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
- The test site will be closed on Saturday, July 3 in order to allow staff to observe the Federal holiday that weekend.
- By appointment only.
- For anyone 12 months old and older. Anyone under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- No ID is needed and you won't be asked for your immigration status.
- Spanish interpreters are available onsite.
- If you plan to travel internationally, check out our fact sheet for international travel documentation.
Making an Appointment and Registering
There are three steps to getting your test:
- Step 1. Make a testing appointment.
- Step 2. Register online no more than 72 hours before your appointment – this has to happen close to your appointment time so that we have current information about signs and symptoms you may be experiencing.
- Step 3. Arrive at our testing location in time for your test appointment.
For additional testing details, visit our website.