Retail Food Establishment Licensing
Retail Food Establishment Licensing Process
All food related licensing fees in Madison and Dane County are handled by the City of Madison Clerk's Office.
- Complete the Food and Drink Licensing Application.
- Look Up the Licensing Fees.*
- Submit application and fee to the City Clerk's Office listed on the application.
- For new establishments, send a copy of the kitchen plans to the Environmental Health Division, 2300 S. Park St. Suite 2010, Madison, WI, 53713 or email Public Health.
- Food and Drink licenses are issued after the application and fees have been processed and an inspector conducts a pre-inspection and approves the license.
- For questions and/or to schedule a pre-inspection, please contact us at (608) 242-6515 or email@example.com
The licensing fee is paid to obtain an annual food license, and is based upon anticipated gross annual food sales and type of operation. The one-time, pre-inspection fee covers:
- The cost of reviewing plans
- Consulting with the sanitarian on equipment installation and proper design and construction of the facility
- On-site evaluation of the facility prior to releasing the permit.
Please call (608) 242-6515 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Phone: (608) 242-6515
- Email: email@example.com
- Español: (608) 243-0380