How Should I Get Tested for TB?
Public Health Madison & Dane County (PHMDC) does not provide TB screening for work, school or volunteering. However, if you have other risk factors for TB, you may qualify for TB screening through PHMDC. PHMDC screens clients for TB with TB blood tests called Interferon Gamma Release Assays (IGRAs). T-Spot and QFT are two types of TB blood test that PHMDC uses for TB screening. To get a QFT test, call the Intake Nurse at: 266-4821.
- The Intake Nurse will screen you for TB screening eligibility. If eligible, the Intake Nurse will schedule an appointment with you.
- At your appointment, you will fill out paperwork and have your blood drawn.
- Lab test results will be sent to you in the mail typically within 1-2 weeks.
If you need a TB test quickly, you may want to get a TB skin test at one of the following:
- 1619 North Stoughton Road, Madison, 244-1213
- 358 Junction Road, Madison, 829-1888
Call them for hours and cost.