This page contains policy statements, advisories, newsletters, and reports that were produced by Public Health Madison & Dane County. If you are looking for information on a topic that isn't listed, or historical data, please contact us.
Publications about Public Health Madison & Dane County.
We create policy statements to highlight latest research findings, make recommendations on policy, and provide reference information on key public health topics.
- School and Childcare Center Recommendations to Minimize Lead in Drinking Water Policy Statement, 2017
- Fluoridation of Public Drinking Water Policy Statement, Updated May 2018
We issue advisories to bring attention to emerging problems in a clear and timely way.
- Mumps Health Care Provider Advisory, September 2018
- Congenital Syphilis Health Care Provider Advisory, March 2018
- Fentanyl-Laced Heroin, March 2016
Our newsletters give you a sneak peek into the different types of work being done in specific programs and throughout the whole organization.
We produce reports about how chronic disease, environmental health, food, and more impact health in Dane county.
- Geospatial Patterns of Overweight/Obesity, Asthma & Type II Diabetes in Dane County: Analysis of Racial and Ethnic Disparities Using Electronic Health Record Data, 2016
Drug Harm and Violence
Environmental Health Report Cards - (Published in 2016)
- Evaluación del Medioambiente de Madison y el Condado de Dane: Resumen Ejecutivo
- Executive Summary
- Healthy Homes and Communities
- Food Safety Program
- Water Quality
- Air Quality
- Potential Health Effects of Noise Report, Updated June 2018
- An Overview of PCE Contamination of Indoor Air from Vapor Intrusion, Updated June 2018
- White Paper: Hunger & Food Security in Wisconsin & Dane County, 2016: English
- Summary: Hunger & Food Security in Wisconsin & Dane County, 2016: English / Spanish
- Access to Health Care in Dane County, 2015
- Dane County LGBTQ+ Health and Wellness Profile, 2016
- Sexual and Reproductive Health Issue Brief, October 2016
- Preterm Birth & Infant Death, Dane County 2014-2016, June 2018
- Dane County Fetal Infant Mortality Review Report 2011-2012, 2014
- Mosquito Larvae Monitoring and Control - Madison Metro Area, 2018
- West Nile Virus Surveillance in Madison and Dane County, 2017
- A Report on Dane County Hospital Emergency Department & Urgent Care Visits for Non-Traumatic Dental Pain, 2017
- Oral Health in Dane County - Moving Towards Equity, 2016
- The Health of Dane County: Oral Health Crisis, 2012
- Madison Tobacco/Nicotine Compliance Report, 2017
- Dane County Tobacco/Nicotine Compliance Report, 2017
- Tobacco & Nicotine Free Living Issue Brief, 2016