This page contains policy statements, advisories, newsletters, and reports that were produced by Public Health Madison & Dane County. If you are looking for information on a topic that isn't listed, or historical data, please contact us.
Publications about Public Health Madison & Dane County.
We create policy statements to highlight latest research findings, make recommendations on policy, and provide reference information on key public health topics.
- School and Childcare Center Recommendations to Minimize Lead in Drinking Water Policy Statement, 2017
- Fluoridation of Public Drinking Water Policy Statement, Updated May 2018
We issue advisories to bring attention to emerging problems in a clear and timely way.
- Increasing Cases of Syphilis Among Those Who Use Methamphetamines and Heroin
- Congenital Syphilis Health Care Provider Advisory, March 2018
- Fentanyl-Laced Heroin, March 2016
Our newsletters give you a sneak peek into the different types of work being done in specific programs and throughout the whole organization.
- Communicable Disease Update Newsletters
- Food Facts Newsletters
- Immunization Pearls Newsletters
- PHMDC Pulse Newsletter
We produce reports about how chronic disease, environmental health, food, and more impact health in Dane county.
- Geospatial Patterns of Overweight/Obesity, Asthma & Type II Diabetes in Dane County: Analysis of Racial and Ethnic Disparities Using Electronic Health Record Data, 2016
Drug Harm and Violence
Environmental Health Report Cards - (Published in 2016)
- Evaluación del Medioambiente de Madison y el Condado de Dane: Resumen Ejecutivo
- Executive Summary
- Air Quality Data Dashboard from Healthy Dane
- Food Safety Program
- Healthy Homes and Communities Data Dashboard from Healthy Dane
- Water Quality Data Dashboard from Healthy Dane
- Per- and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances (PFAS) Fact Sheet, December 2018: English / Spanish
- Potential Health Effects of Noise Report, Updated June 2018
- An Overview of PCE Contamination of Indoor Air from Vapor Intrusion, Updated June 2018
- White Paper: Hunger & Food Security in Wisconsin & Dane County, 2016: English
- Summary: Hunger & Food Security in Wisconsin & Dane County, 2016: English / Spanish
- Access to Health Care in Dane County, 2015
- Dane County LGBTQ+ Health and Wellness Profile, 2016
- Sexual and Reproductive Health Issue Brief, October 2016
- Preterm Birth & Infant Death, Dane County 2014-2016, June 2018
- Dane County Fetal Infant Mortality Review Report 2011-2012, 2014
- Mosquito Larvae Monitoring and Control - Madison Metro Area, 2018
- West Nile Virus Surveillance in Madison and Dane County, 2017
- A Report on Dane County Hospital Emergency Department & Urgent Care Visits for Non-Traumatic Dental Pain, 2017
- Oral Health in Dane County - Moving Towards Equity, 2016
- The Health of Dane County: Oral Health Crisis, 2012
- Madison Tobacco/Nicotine Compliance Report, 2017
- Dane County Tobacco/Nicotine Compliance Report, 2017
- Tobacco & Nicotine Free Living Issue Brief, 2016