Tobacco Free Columbia Dane County Coalition
The Tobacco Free Columbia Dane County Coalition is one of fifteen multi-jurisdictional coalitions funded by the Wisconsin Tobacco Prevention and Control Program. We are a coalition of individuals and organizations from Columbia and Dane counties committed to the following mission and vision:
A county free from tobacco-related death and disease.
Reduce tobacco-related disease and death by preventing the initiation of tobacco use among youth, promoting quitting among young people and adults, eliminating exposure to secondhand smoke, and identifying and eliminating tobacco related health disparities.
What We Do
Youth & Young Adult Prevention
Ensure the next generation tobacco-free.
- We collaborate with schools to include and enhance tobacco-free policies.
- We enforce laws that restrict tobacco and nicotine sales to minors.
- We develop and promote youth advocacy initiatives through FACT, Wisconsin's youth-led tobacco prevention and control program.
- We manage the local SPARK group, an initiative led by college students to promote tobacco free college campuses
Quit Tobacco Resources
Promote quit tobacco resources in our community.
- We provide quit tobacco resources and referrals to community members interested in quitting.
- We promote the Wisconsin Tobacco Quit Line and other local quit tobacco resources.
(Badge and link to Quitline!!!)
Develop and promote public health policies that reduce tobacco use, exposure, and initiation
- We promote and support smoke-free and vape-free environments including:
- Beaches and Parks
- College Campuses
- We assess the tobacco point of sale environment and develop strategies to educate local residents about tobacco point of sale
- We promote and support promising strategies to reduce tobacco-related disparities using a health and racial equity lens
Community Outreach and Engagement
Engage coalition volunteers in stakeholder education and advocacy
- We educate local/state policymakers about the continued importance of Wisconsin's Tobacco Prevention and Control Program.
- We conduct strategic communications to inform the community about tobacco-related topics
- We engage the community through community events and a community member advisory board.
Be A Part of the Coalition
To get involved in Coalition activities such as participating in our advisory board and educating policy makers and the the community, please contact Coalition Coordinator, Ryan Sheahan.