NOMINATIONS FOR 2015 PUBLIC HEALTH AWARDS
Public Health Madison & Dane County is seeking nominations for the 2015 Public Health Awards. The purpose of these awards is to recognize those who have made significant contributions and demonstrated exceptional commitment to supporting and promoting public health in Madison and Dane County. The awards will be presented at a Public Health Awards Ceremony on Wednesday, May 6 at Olbrich Gardens.
Information about Nominations:
- Nominees may be individuals, businesses, groups/organizations that work in partnership with others in the community to guide initiatives to improve community health and well-being through prevention. Areas that nominees may be involved in include:
- Promoting healthy and safe community environments
- Promoting health equity and working to eliminate health disparities
- Empowering people to make healthy choices
- Ensuring that prevention-focused health care and community services are available, integrated, and mutually reinforcing.
- Nominees may be from the public and private sector, and include volunteers, community organizers, direct service providers, educators and policymakers.
- Collaborative nominations are encouraged. Multidisciplinary perspectives strengthen a nomination.
- Current and past employees of Public Health Madison and Dane County are NOT eligible for nomination for their work during employment with Public Health.
- Previous award recipients are also not eligible for nomination.
- Past nominations that were not previously selected, may be nominated again.
- Public Health Awards are given for advocacy, leadership, partnership, communications and media, volunteer, and distinguished service.
To submit a nomination, fill out the Nomination Form (MS Word).
The deadline for nominations is Monday, March 23, 2015.