Executive Leadership Team
- Janel Heinrich, MPH, MA
- Director – Public Health Madison & Dane County
- Kate Austin, MPH, MPA
- Director – Operations Division
- Mark Edgar, PhD, MPH
- Director – Policy, Planning and Evaluation Division
- Carl Meyer, MPH
- Director – Community Health Division
- Doug Voegeli, RS
- Director – Environmental Health Division
Board of Health
Work of the Board of Health focuses on policy, financial and contractual oversight for the health department, and assurance that state and local public health laws and regulations are enforced. Using local health assessment data, guidance from the Board assures that resources are allocated and initiatives are pursued to protect and improve the health of our community.
Agendas/Minutes — In the "Meeting Body" drop down menu, select "Board of Health", and then the year you are looking for, and then "search".
The Board of Health is a proud member of:
- Wisconsin Association of Local Health Departments & Boards (WALHDAB)
- National Association of Local Boards of Health (NALBOH)
Board of Health Members
Our Board of Health is made up of one County Board Supervisor, one Common Council member, three Dane County Residents and three City of Madison residents. Appointments to the Board of Health are made following the guidelines set forth by Wisconsin State Statutory References for Local Boards of Health (Chapters 251.03 & 251.04)
- Patricia Lasky, Chair
- Ms. Lasky is a Professor Emeritus at the University of Wisconsin-Madison School of Nursing. Prior to her retirement from the School of Nursing, she served as executive associate dean, acting dean and associate dean of undergraduate program and outreach. City of Madison resident.
- Lezli Redmond, 1st Vice Chair
- Ms. Redmond is the Outreach and Communications Manager for the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health. Ms. Redmond has over 20 years of experience improving population health through education and training, research dissemination, systems change, communications and policy. Dane County resident.
- Dr. Jerry Halverson, 2nd Vice Chair
- Dr. Halverson is a Psychiatrist and practices in Madison and Oconomowoc. He is the Medical Director of Rogers Memorial Hospital in Oconomowoc and adjunct Clinical Faculty of Psychiatry at the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine & Public Health. He has been involved in Public Health initiatives through his involvement with the Dane County and Wisconsin Medical Societies and the Wisconsin Psychiatric Association. Dane County resident.
- Alder Matt Phair
- Alder Phair represents District 20 for the City of Madison. He teaches at Mt. Horeb Middle School. Common Council member.
- Murray Katcher
- Mr. Katcher served as a professor of pediatrics for 30-plus years. He has been involved with numerous organizations, including serving as the medical director for the Salvation Army MEDIC Homeless Shelter Clinic. City of Madison resident.
- Bob Salov
- Bob Salov is District 37 Supervisor for Dane County. He is President of Pulsant Technologies in Madison, Wisconsin and lives in Cambridge, Wisconsin. He has been Director of the Cambridge Emergency Medical Services for the past 5 years, and has been an active Emergency Medical Technician for 15 years. County Board Supervisor.
- Paula Tran Inzeo
- Paula Tran Inzeo is the Director of the Mobilizing Action Towards Community Health (MATCH) Program at the UW Madison Population Health Institute. Ms. Tran Inzeo’s areas of research and practice focus on topics of health equity and health equity capacity building, collective community action, power building, and health in all policies. She received her BS and MPH from UW Madison and is currently a doctoral candidate in the Civil Society and Community Research PhD program in the UW School of Human Ecology. City of Madison resident.
- Vacant Seat
- Dane County resident.